8/14/10

Part two.

Continuing with the Cathedral Basilica motif, here are a few photos from the outside. I really only went around to one side of the building, so there will be many vantage points yet to see when I return on Monday (including the all-hallowed (no pun intended) full frontal view). It was around 102 degrees when I was snapping these, so hopefully you'll forgive me the scant variety.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The gardens - on the one side I visited - included adorable little wildflower bushes and several bronze statues, with significance I hope to learn when I have more time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You don't even want to know how detailed those buggies get when I zoom in. Let's hear it for high quality pictures!

Funny story: as I was trying to up the saturation of a little bunch of purple flowers, I accidentally upped the sharpness. All the way. So if you've noticed, these pictures, especially the ones of the building itself, contain an ungoldy (no pun intended) level of clarity. It really is just about too much. I didn't notice till I got back in the car. Oops...

If you haven't yet, don't forget to check out the photos from the interior of the cathedral in the post below.

No comments:

Post a Comment