7/15/10

The sky.

Driving home this evening, I happened to have my camera and because of storms south of the city, the clouds were very cool.

Photobucket

(Nikon, f/5, 1/160 sec., ISO-400)

BUT, as you can see, the sky is pretty washed out. That is one of my pet-peeves. I ran through in my mind all of the little tweaks I knew of and settled on exposure compensation. I previously had only ever used it indoors, to lighten up a picture to avoid using flash at all costs (I hate flash). So I thought, what the heck. I took the exposure compensation down to -0.7.

Photobucket

(Nikon, f/9, 1/500, ISO-400)

Wonder of wonders! New trick learned! No, the sky wasn't that richly deep of a blue but it didn't feel entirely like a lie. :-)

(And yes. I take pictures while driving)

No comments:

Post a Comment