3/7/11

Oldies.

While visiting my half-terabyte hard drive, I ran across the set of photos from my first trip to NC. This was back when I had a simple Canon Powershot something-or-other, having moved on from film in the last year. You are forewarned - I had to do some serious contrast enhancement on these to get them ready for viewing. Funny thing is, the haze that day was much less of an issue than my later excursions. I just didn't have benefit of, you know, tripods and polarizing lenses and such.

(Another disclaimer - a speck of something had gotten inside the lens, so that's the cursed blob you see in a couple of the photos)

And I wanted to show off what is really one of the best views in the state, from Grandfather Mountain. The layered vista is one of the big things I most wanted to see when I arrived, and I was not disappointed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment