3/30/11

Caddo Lake.

Photobucket

The first in a series of photographs from the South.

Inside Caddo Lake State Park in Karnack, TX is the Big Cypress Bayou, a huge lake full of bald cypress trees with their hanging Spanish moss, and an array of wildlife you just don't see up north. Unfortunately I didn't have much time for pleasure on this trip - I only say a tiny portion of the bayou. There's a steamboat called the Graceful Ghost that gives tours, and sadly I never could make the time to take one. Maybe one day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

With the advent of high dynamic range, you don't see silhouettes in nature photography much anymore. You're expected to make sure every element in a photo has its own lighting so every element can be enjoyed. However...I still believe in silhouette.

Photobucket

The water was a consistency unlike anything I'd seen before. It wasn't just wet, it looked almost creamy. Maybe it has something to do with the nearby swamps, but where I stood, on the swaying dock and along the riverbank, it looked...yummy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Be back later with more!

1 comment:

  1. my dad is down in Georgia talking about how they have the swimming pool going again... makes me detest being a Yank, lol.

    ReplyDelete