11/2/10

Where to now?

I found out this past weekend that one of my favorite places to visit, Doughton Park, will likely be closed down in a sense for two years while restoration projects are undertaken along that section of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Really not cool. It's become a perennial favorite, and I had big plans to catch the sunrise at Wildcat Rocks one morning next year and capture the awesome fog rolling over the mountainsides.

For a location as important as the Parkway, I know it's crucial for them to maintain it, to keep it safe, to keep it beautiful. So restoration was inevitable. I guess I just wish it could have been further down the road. No pun intended.

Oh well. I suppose this frees up a few days to visit a new place, and make new memories.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Those photos are so beautiful:)
    Kisses my dear

    Ps: I am hosting a sweet GIVEAWAY today, please join in!

    ReplyDelete